Sunday, March 9, 2008
But wait, I sence news from the test realm patch notes:
Swipe: This ability will no longer strike any secondary targets which are under the effect of crowd-control spells that break on taking damage. i.e. Polymorph, Sap, etc.
on another note lacerate is also getting a buff based on your attack power. Maybe this will negate swipe becoming the single target move of choice, or at least make it take higher AP to do so. But now we will be able to use it without fear. Good news, good news.
Posted by Xanathos at 2:56 PM
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
There are many professions out there. Many reasons to take this one or that one. The biggest benifite of a profession are those that can improve your character directly. Most of these include BOP items or items only usable within your profession. Leatherworking, engineering, alchemy, enchanting and jewelcrafting are all professions I would suggest.
obviously leatherworking gives you a lot of equipment to wear. As a druid you will have many sets of armor. being able to make it yourself can save you a lot of headache. Drums come in handy as a usable buff/fear while in combat, now usable in forms.
I dont know a whole lot about engineering, but I do know it has some nice items that you cant use otherwise. There are a set of goggles that are quite popular and can compete with many of the other helms available. There are bombs and odd trinkets that you could use (but as far as I know not in any forms). you can make jumper cables to try to offset our only 1 res per 20m limit. you can make repair bots. There is a new extractor thing that lets you pull motes of water/shadow/air similar to another gathering profession on it's own.
All in all it has some nice tricks.
Most alchemy stuff can be traded to other characters. But there is worth mentioning a trinket you can equip which increases the amount of health/mana you get back from a potion as well as giving you a deacent stat bonus. Also worth mentioning are mad alchemist potions, these potions require alchemy to use, restore mana and health, and sometimes give you a random flask bonus.
there are few enchants that you can only cast on your own items. right now these consist of ring enchants raising your stats/melee damage/spell damage or healing. The biggest reason I see taking enchanting though is for disenchanting. Yes lots of clothies generally take it and can shard for you in an instance or raid, but clothies cant go with you on stealth runs just to disenchant shards.
Jewelcrafting has many trinkets and jewelery that is BOP. Esp useful while leveling as they are available long before normal trinkets are. Also in the end game there are gem cuts that are BOP.
Which ever profession you chose just have fun with it. There really is no best answer. just make sure whatever you are doing that you enjoy it.
Posted by Xanathos at 6:54 AM
Monday, February 11, 2008
Well after running into these and trying them out I was thinking to myself, "this is nice but I wish that we got the damage bonus too.
Low and behold, what do I find in the 2.4 patch notes?
* Weightstones and Sharpening Stones: The bonus damage from these temporary enchantments now works while shapeshifted.
They read my mind. nice DPS increase for about 2g per hour. yep Feral druids just obtained a new flask.
Posted by Xanathos at 10:27 AM
Friday, February 8, 2008
Posted by Xanathos at 1:28 PM
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
I have my feral druid. (Best IMO) hybrid out there when it comes to DPS/Tank. What I want to know is what class can pick up the DPS/healer role or the Healer/tank role.
Well lets look class by class at the hybrids available.
What this build loses from a strait DPS is. 10% of spell bonus, 5% crit, 4% hit, and no stun chance on starfire.
What does it lose from a strait healer? Swiftmend, 20% bonus on Hots, 50% crit on regrowth, 15% stronger rejuv, and tree form.
This seems like a strong option to me. still have good DPS and have a strong healing touch. you lose the tree's effect to keep alot of sustained healing up over a long period of time.
Not using shadow as a DPS priest is the loss here. I dont really know the damage a smite build can put out. Im sure that with the right group it can be deacent though.
This biuld looks like it could be fun, loses very little healing. mostly things that make casting your off spells cheaper. you gain some good dps using holy shock as your main DPS staple.
Seems to me that you need to go deep into a tree to get the most out of it. resto looked better. There is nothing I can see missing from the resto tree and what you gain in resto may be enough to make up what you miss in elemental even when in DPS mode. Resto adds to damage, adds to hit, and gives you abilities to get aound annoyances like silence.
Any other ideas out there?
Posted by Xanathos at 8:30 AM
Thursday, January 31, 2008
YOUR HIDDEN TEXT HERE
Lets start with my favorite role. I love to tank, as could probably be seen by my site name and such. Why do I love to tank?
1) people depend on me. The squishies would be nothing without a ball of fur or a shield between them and the meanies.
2) I dont have to hold back, I dont have to be careful like all the DPSers in the group. I can go balls to the wall all run long only stopping long enough for the healer to regen mana. and often times I just innervate them and keep going anyway.
3) swipe, The ability to tank more then one mob at a time. mmm good!
What attracted me to Druid in the first place was the slick stylin kitty form.
1) high Dps, When not needed to tank I can put on my dps set and deal damage on par with the other dpsers in the group. or I can keep my tanking gear on just in case and go at about 90%.
2) stealth, I love the idea of stealthing past content I simply dont want to do. especially cool in world quests where I can stealth to the guy, kill, and stealth away.
3) Things just die. I kill faster as a cat then any other character, maybe becouse Im better geared then any other of my chars but things just die around me.
yep we can do this too.
1) NO DOWNTIME while questing (in feral form that is).
2) our heals accent the heals already going on in the group when a little bit more is needed. I pop out of cat and help heal the raid during fights like grull after a bad shatter or whatnot.
3) rebirth! oh crap the rogue is down, we dont have an interupt for the healer. ok, np I'll pick them up.
moonfire spam FTW!
2) roots & sleep, who just CCed that add? oh it was the druid. Druids have cc? yes, sometimes we do.
3) Moonkin, next week in kara I think Im going to respec as a moonkin and not tell them untill we get to attumen. gotta gear up some first I guess. thats one way to get to tank as a moonkin, just not let them know you arent a bear untill it's too late to stop you.
That not all we have going for us.
1) Flight form, travel form instant speed traveling buff. nothing not to love.
2) snare free, shifting removes snares/roots.
3) cure poisons and curses.
Posted by Xanathos at 10:18 AM
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Posted by Xanathos at 9:08 AM